Penske Truck Driver - Yard Jockey/Yard Switcher - $5K Sign On Bonus - Penske Logistics in Fort Branch, Indiana
What’s the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift and fuel your career as a Class A/Yard Jockey/Yard Switcher for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time. We’re proud to move freight for some of the world’s biggest brands. (Yes, we’re more than just the yellow trucks.)
You’ll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Route/activity: Perform yard and shuttle work at the facility.
• Shift: Monday through Friday - 7:00 PM to 4:00 AM. Drivers will be eligible to bid on new shifts based on seniority about every 3 months. Roughly 45 to 50 hours a week.
• Equipment: 48' and 53' trailers, yard tractors, shunt trucks, jack stands, wheel chocks, and 2-way radios.
• Compensation: $22.25 per hour PLUS a $5,000 sign on bonus! Overtime pay at time and a half after 40 hours. Shift differential for second shift.
• Performs inspection of the vehicle prior to and after operation of, moves trailers in and out of dock as directed by management, couples and uncouples trailers.
• Chocking trailers as they are spotted for loading and unloading and pulling from doors, the placement of nose supports for trailers when spotted at dock doors
• Orderly maintaining of the yard, an inspection of trailers prior to loading.
• Support and participate with Safety Team meetings and activities
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• CDL Class A license required
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate DOT medical card required
• 1 years of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening required
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 532 E County Rd 550 S Princeton, IN 47670
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Princeton
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 2106802