Penske Truck Driver - Yard Jockey/Yard Switcher Class C - Penske Logistics in Manteca, California
What’s the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift and fuel your career as a Class C Yard Hostler/Jockey for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time. We’re proud to move freight for some of the world’s biggest brands. (Yes, we’re more than just the yellow trucks.)
You’ll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Route/activity: Driver will be responsible for moving trailers on the lot. Candidate should be able to get up and down from a yard goat 50 times a day.
• Shift: Monday through Friday, some Saturday work. Shift start time varies slightly by customer demand. Either 2pm-10:30pm, 2pm-11:30pm or 2pm-12:30am
• Equipment: Yard goats and 28'/ 53' trailers.
• Compensation: $19 per hour. OT after 40 hours!
• Performs inspection of vehicle prior to and after operation of, moves trailers in and out of dock as directed by management, couples and uncouples double trailers.
• Chocking trailers as they are spotted for loading and unloading and pulling from doors, the placement of nose supports for 28 ft trailers when spotted at dock doors
• Orderly maintaining of the yard, inspection of trailers prior to loading.
• Support and participate with Safety Team meetings and activities
• Also may perform duties of lift driver, scanner, maintenance and other tasks assigned by management.
• Will be responsible for inputting data into the yams phone.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• Class C license required
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate DOT medical card required
• 1 year of documented yard hostler/jockey experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening required
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you’re joining a team that cares about doing its best. We work together to ensure the customer is satisfied and the highest level of safety is reached. That’s true for the nearly 5,000 drivers driving for Penske across the country.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. We have operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, and we provide supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world, including Ford, GM, BMW, Whirlpool and more. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Want to learn more? Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com.
Si necesita asistencia en español por favor llámenos a 855-cdl-penske, y pregunte por ayuda en español.
Work Locations: 2226 Roth Rd Manteca, CA 95336
Primary Location: United States-California-Manteca
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 2102876