Penske Truck Driver - CDL Class A/No Touch Freight - Hiring Event 6/25 and 6/26 - Penske Logistics in Olive Branch, Mississippi
Now hiring CDL Class A Team AND Solo drivers for our Byhalia, MS location. Discover the opportunities Penske can offer you!
1 year of driving experience
Receive same day job offer!
Friday, June 25 from 10am to 7pm.
Saturday, June 26 from 7am to 2pm.
Penske Truck Leasing
8140 Hacks Cross Road
Olive Branch, MS 38654
• Route/activity: Seeking solo and team truck drivers! Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to customers.
• Shift: Regional/over the road, 2 days off per week. Home weekly!
• Equipment: Sleeper cabs, 48’ & 53’ trailers.
• Compensation: Activity based pay: $14.89 per stop, $0.52 per mile for Solo Drivers, $0.70 per mile for Team Drivers. Team mileage is split but ALL MILES ARE PAID. Pay is based on actual odometer miles. Solo drivers can earn up to $81,000 per year and a $5,000 sign-on bonus! Teams can earn up to $182,000 combined per year PLUS a $20,000 sign-on bonus, $10,000 per driver!
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• CDL Class A required
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate DOT medical card required
• 1 year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3 years required, or 2 years of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 8140 Hacks Cross Road Olive Branch, MS 38654
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Olive Branch
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 2109425