Penske Truck Driver - CDL Class A - Earn up to $113K Annually - Home Daily - Black Horse Carriers in Pennsylvania
We are seeking safe, professional and experienced drivers looking for a company to call home. Penske Logistics recently acquired Black Horse Carriers. Together, we bring the best the transportation industry has to offer. As a driver for an industry leader, you’ll enjoy exceptional equipment, technology, safety practices, over-the-road support, and service.
What’s the Job?
Full-Time opportunities for local CLASS A CDL delivery drivers in the Center Valley PA area.
• Compensation: Activity based pay. Drivers in this position can earn up to $113,000 annually.
• Route/activity: Drivers are responsible for making dock to dock deliveries to a customer, 2-4 stops per day. Light touch freight loading and unloading pallets with electric pallet jacks.
• Shift: 4 or 5 schedules available. Dispatch times start from 8pm-10pm, with a 10-12 hour day and a set schedule. Drivers will work Sun-Thurs, or Tues-Sat. Home daily!
• Equipment: 2018 or newer Freightliner trucks, deluxe cab interiors with comfort seats, XM RADIO subscription paid by company, 24/7 Roadside assistance, Automatic and Manual transmission equipment, 15L Engines, and many other amenities!
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
What is in it for you:
For all full-time positions:
• Full Benefits! Health, Dental and Vision insurance – multiple comprehensive plans
• 401k program with company match
• COMPANY PAID life insurance
• Short term and long-term disability insurance
• PAID HOLIDAYS
• PAID VACATION
• Driver referral bonuses
• Quarterly and Annual safety bonuses company wide
• Driver uniforms, jackets, safety gear, GO bags provided and much MORE!
• CDL Class A required
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate DOT medical card required
• 1 year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3 years required, or 2 years of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 2700 Saucon Valley Road Center Valley, PA 18034
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Center Valley
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 2105066