Penske Truck Driver - Class AZ/FAST/No Touch Freight - $2K Sign on Bonus - Penske Logistics in Windsor, Ontario
What’s the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift and fuel your career as a AZ/FAST/No Touch Freight Truck Driver for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time. We’re proud to move freight for some of the world’s biggest brands. (Yes, we’re more than just the yellow trucks.)
You’ll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Route/activity: Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to customers. Home daily!
• Shift: Start times range from 5 am to 12 pm
• Equipment: Tandem Axle Daycabs and Dry Van Trailer.
• Compensation: $23.25 per hour, position comes with a 45 hour per week guarantee: PLUS a $2,000 sign on bonus!
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly.
• Following all federal and/or provincial laws, MTO regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route.
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer.
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• At least 22 years of age
• Valid F.A.S.T. Card
• Class AZ Commercial License required
• 1 year of verifiable tractor trailer driving experience in the last 3 years
• 3 years CVOR/Abstract record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
• Bending and twisting of wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Use of hands to grip and pinch. Use of arms to push and push while walking.
• This role has exposure to diesel and gasoline fuel, as well as exposure to vibration in the vehicle
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations: 599 Sprucewood Ave Windsor, ON N9C 0B2
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Windsor
Zip: N9C 0B2
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 2106788